There has been a lot happening at Oak Lodge recently in preparation for the splendid Gothic Revival wallpaper discovered in 2014, painstakingly recreated and now being rehung by Alan Townsend.
- We removed the basin, bath and old hot water service from the bathroom, discovering more of the original wallpapers.
- Ross Stokman has been replumbing so that the kitchen still has water.
- Brian Hope removed some power points and old conduit in preparation for the wallpaper.
- Tony Colman shellacked the skirting and the architraves prior to the paper being put up.
- Julia has lent us the scaffolding necessary to do the area at the top of the stairs.
- Our volunteer hosts are ensuring that Oak Lodge is open 11.30am-3.30pm every day during May for the Tasmanian Heritage Festival.
- Alan Townsend will be on site hanging wallpaper every weekend in May.
- And the garden volunteers have the garden looking wonderful too.
All these contributions and more show the community support for the work we are doing at Oak Lodge.